At this point, it is no secret that Google is deprecating Google Analytics. Google has stated that they will no longer process data inside Google Analytics (GA) as of July 1, 2023, and all users will lose access to GA on July 1, 2024. CLICK HERE for more information.
Since the new GA4 product does not import old data, now is an ideal time to download your historical data for future reference before it is too late. CAMP Digital will be rolling out backups for our customers over the next few months. For those who are not CAMP Digital customers, please see the instructions below.
We have identified the following methods to download your historical Google Analytics data before you lose access:
- Manually export Google Analytics data from the dashboard inside GA.
- This is the most time-consuming approach, but also the most straightforward for folks not wanting to involve Google APIs or Looker Studio.
- To do this, you will need to log into your GA, choose the reports and time frame you wish to export, and begin exporting.
- CLICK HERE for a Google Support help doc and step-by-step instructions.
- Utilize the Google Analytics Reporting API
- This is not for everyone, but if you have a team member who is comfortable with APIs, this is a great solution.
- For Google Analytics API information CLICK HERE
- Please note, this does export data cloud storage, Looker Studio, and more.
- Big Query
- This is another option for those with data folks on the team who utilize Google Analytics 360.
- CLICK HERE for Google Support documents
- If you use GA 360 and Big Query, this is your best bet!
- Utilize a third-party tool like SuperMetrics
- This is a third-party tool, and costs money, but it is very user-friendly!
- CLICK HERE for more information on Supermetrics
- CAMP Digital Customers
- No action needed.
- Over the next few months we will be downloading and storing up to three years of historical data from the CAMP / HLS Views we have built for you, so you’re good to go!
Please contact your CAMP Digital representative for more information.